The Seafolly StoryFrom 1975 to now
Purpose. Vision. Values.Our Brand
To share the spirit of Australian Summer with women everywhere
To be the worlds most iconic swimwear and beach lifestyle brand by 2020
- We are super passionate.
- We are positive.
- Freedom to shine.
- We are supportive.
- Quality is everything.
“Peters Folly” started by Peter and Yvonne Halas in their offices in Foveaux St, Surry Hills. In August 1975, they make their first delivery to Myer – an order of $267.
“Peters Folly” rebranded as Seafolly.
Genelle Walkom appointed as Head Designer for the swim line, which she still designs to this day. Seafolly win a Fashion Industry Award for its Active wear range.
Seafolly wins a second Fashion Industry Award for its Active wear range.
Seafolly stops the Active wear range to focus on Swim.
Anthony Halas steps up as CEO of Seafolly, and ends the sales of their ‘Private Label’ brand to focus on Seafolly.
The Sydney Olympic Committee award Seafolly the license to produce promotional swim and active wear for the games.
Seafolly wins Marie Claire’s Reader’s Choice ‘Best Swimwear’ Award
Seafolly wins a second Marie Claire’s Reader’s Choice ‘Best Swimwear’ Award
Seafolly acquires Sunburn, a multi brand swimwear retailer. Seafolly wins another Marie Claire’s Reader’s Choice ‘Best Swimwear’ Award.
Seafolly opens first flagship retail store in Singapore, and wins another Marie Claire’s Reader’s Choice ‘Best Swimwear’ Award.
Seafolly opens first flagship retail store in the USA.
L Catterton Asia acquires 70% share of Seafolly, with the remaining 30% staying within the Halas family.
120 staff move to the new offices at The Mill, behind the Grounds of Alexandria.
Seafolly launches the new resort swimwear label, miléa.
L Catterton Asia aquires Maaji to sit alongside Seafolly in their lifestyle portfolio.
Seafolly TodayWelcome to our world
The team at Seafolly, based in Sydney, NSW, Australia includes Design, Product, Marketing, Sales, IT, Finance, Supply Chain and Retail Staff.Work for Us
There are 25 Seafolly concept stores globally, 16 in Australia, 5 in USA and 4 in Singapore.Find a Store
Seafolly is sold in over 2700 locations globally including major retailers and online sites.Check Locations
Work for UsEvery day feels like Summer
It is our vision to become the world's most iconic swimwear and beach lifestyle brand by 2020. To achieve this goal, it is imperative to have employees that radiate the excitement of summer and explode with enthusiasm and devotion for the Seafolly way of life.current positions